12 Like 0 Dislike
How I got conned 3 times this month! Given that I am a Personal Branding Strategist, I am supposed to be very smart. But what can you do when you are smart, but the person you are dealing with is smarter? Well - welcome to the world of not only being cheated but being conned by smart individuals. In this video, I give you the examples of 3 people who contacted me to get in touch with me for my services. Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to believe their dialogues and yeah - eventually paid the price for it. In example number 1 - it was the case of a Harvard student who approached me with his cause and his problems. And so, like an idiot, I believed him and gave him a service. However, after the service was provided, he graciously vanished leaving me high and dry. In example number two, I got cheated by yet another con-artist. And this time, one of my favorite weakness - a female. She approached me with her sob-story and boy was I a sucker for her sad story. Something I seriously feel should be a learning experience for everyone. And in the last and final example, it is receiving a recommendation from a well-intentioned friend, who recommends yet another friend - and the end result is - well being conned and getting conned. Watch the video and let me know your thoughts. ------------------------------- TO CONTACT email@example.com | +66-92-541-4784 TO SUPPORT MY CHANNEL Please send money via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org QUORA PROFILE https://www.quora.com/profile/Loy-Machedo MENTORING SERVICES http://thinkpersonalbranding.com/ MY BLOG https://loymachedo.com WHO AM I? http://whoisloymachedo.com MORE ABOUT ME? Google My Name "Loy Machedo"
For detailed notes and links to resources mentioned in this video, visit http://www.patrickbetdavid.com/the-20-rules-of-money/ Visit the official Valuetainment Store for gear: https://www.valuetainmentstore.com/ If you want to win at the game of entrepreneurship, you have to know these 20 rules of money. Here's how to play to win the money game. #1: It's a Game - 1:03 #2: Don't Be a Hater of Money - 1:51 #3: It's a Doubles Game - 2:43 #4: Seduction - 4:37 #5: Timing - 5:45 #6: Boredom - 6:56 #7: Secret Account - 7:36 #8: Don't Fly First Class - 8:39 #9: Comp Plan - 9:46 #10: End of the World Mentality - 11:09 #11: Study Your Politicians - 13:22 #12: Study Smart Investors - 13:57 #13: Play Your Game - 14:34 #14: Index - 15:47 #15: Befriend Money Makers - 16:32 #16: Diversification is for Sissies - 17:40 #17: Leverage - 19:01 #18: Positioning - 19:41 #19: Strategic Partnerships - 20:35 #20: Big Check Syndrome - 21:16 Subscribe to the channel: http://www.youtube.com/valuetainment?... Valuetainment- The best channel for new, startup and established entrepreneurs. Schedule: New episodes every Tuesday and Thursday on a broad array of entrepreneurial topics.
Timeline - 1:13 Difference between Life in Dubai & Life in Thailand 7:30 Questions about getting Married 11:04 How Do You Handle Haters 13:08 Why Self-Belief Is A Dangerous Thing 20:17 When Does & When Doesn't Hard Work Help You Succeed. Quora Questions Answered - 4th December 2017 So once again I get asked questions on Quora. These are some of the top 5 Questions I thought were worthwhile answering. In this session I will be speaking about Lifestyle changes - what it is living in Thailand versus what it means living in Dubai and the difference between both. The second question focuses on getting married - what are the most important factors many people do not keep in mind or choose to ignore simply because they have put themselves in a bubble of marriage. The next one which is very important is how do you handle haters once and for all. What is the best of dealing with such people. The next question is primarily about self-belief - when is it a good thing and when does self-belief become a dangerous and destructive element. Finally I focus on the topic of Hard work, when is it useful and when is it not useful. ------------------------------- TO SUPPORT MY CHANNEL - Please send money via paypal to email@example.com QUORA PROFILE - https://www.quora.com/profile/Loy-Machedo MENTORING SERVICES: http://thinkpersonalbranding.com/ MY BLOG: https://loymachedo.com WHO AM I?: http://whoisloymachedo.com MORE ABOUT ME? Google My Name "Loy Machedo"
Subscribe for my new educational videos: http://bit.ly/utube-rhetorical Check out my TED talk (coming up to 750k views): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXCiv4sc5eY "The Discipline of Finishing: Conor Neill at TEDxUniversidaddeNavarra" -~-~~-~~~-~~-~- I am Conor Neill. I teach. I share tips. I ask questions. I'm a member of EO, President of Vistage in Spain and teach at IESE Business School. Shout out if you've been there or done that ;-) on https://www.facebook.com/rhetorical on https://twitter.com/conorneill on https://es.linkedin.com/in/conor I'd love you to subscribe. My best ideas for videos come from your questions. What is your struggle? Subscribe for my new educational videos: http://bit.ly/utube-rhetorical Watch this video and more in the "Develop Your Speaking Skills" Playlist: http://bit.ly/speakcourse I have been teaching Persuasive Communications on MBA courses at IESE Business School for 10 years. This is part of a collection of short lessons compiled from my courses and shared for use both as a support to my classes, and a way of sharing this valuable knowledge to a wider audience via these awesome digital tools ;-) Visit my channel for more videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/rhetoricaljourney?feature=mhee Subscribe to receive new videos in your feed: http://bit.ly/utube-rhetorical http://www.conorneill.com What are the first words of a speech? What should be the first sentence of a speech? How can you engage an audience from the first moment? There are 3 ways to start a speech.
UAE To Allow Expats To Retire On Five-Year Visa - Why It Is A BAD IDEA!!! UAE to allow expats to retire on five-year visa was the report as per National Newspaper https://www.thenational.ae/uae/government/uae-to-allow-expats-to-retire-on-five-year-visa-sheikh-mohammed-says-1.770876 Now if you happen to read the paper in detail you would find the following conditions for retirement. You would need to have property worth AED 2 Million or you would need to have AED 1 million in the bank as savings. Or you would need to have an active income of AED 20,000 per month. Now here are my thoughts. If someone has 1 million cash in hand or someone has the capacity to buy AED 2 million worth of property - why in the world would he want to remain in Dubai, UAE? Wouldn't it be better for the person to go back to his home town and live like a king where he can enjoy the rest of his life in peace? Especially when you consider the currency that when converted the person can enjoy 20 times more purchasing power with almost 40% lesser expenses. In fact, if you opt to live in some 3rd world country like Bali or Vietnam or Thailand where the expenses are 60% to 80% cheaper - isn't it better to live there than to struggle living in Dubai, UAE? ------------------------------- TO CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org | +66-92-541-4784 TO SUPPORT MY CHANNEL Please send money via paypal to email@example.com QUORA PROFILE https://www.quora.com/profile/Loy-Machedo MENTORING SERVICES http://thinkpersonalbranding.com/ MY BLOG https://loymachedo.com WHO AM I? http://whoisloymachedo.com MORE ABOUT ME? Google My Name "Loy Machedo"
9 Basic Rules Of Creating A Winning Resumes
1) Ensure that the fonts, the design and the layout follow a standard template. Do not try to be overly creative or rebellious where these fundamentals are concerned as it may leave the decision maker to be concerned as to the applicants personality with the big question - does the person fit into the company culture or not.
2) Make your Resume easy to read & understand. That involves the selection of font, the layout, the paragraphs, the size of the font and the way the content is placed in and around the Resume.
3) Always remember that content is king. You can be as creative as you want to be where the visual layout is concerned. But if the content in the Resume is not up to par - then nothing will matter.
4) Post your picture only and only if it is necessary and yes, if you are attractive. And yes - please ensure a good, worthwhile picture.
5) Let this be the first and most important part of your Resume - Word editing. In order to stand out - you must be a wordsmith.
6) There is always a tendency to save the best for last. But where Resumes are concerned - always ensure the best is put right up in the front and stated immediately. As most of the decision makers do not have time to keep searching for the worthwhile bits.
7) A very important tip - Remove anything and everything that is unnecessary. Just mentally remind yourself that any word, paragraph, statement or even an alphabet that is out of place or extra - will always mark you down. Like they say - why use 20 words when 10 words can suffice?
8) Ensure the Resume - its content, Match the content of your personality, match the personality & content of the job, match the content of the corporation you are apply to and match the expectations of the decision maker.
9) And yes - the last if not the least bit - If you want the best - make sure that your Resume is handed over to a professional - to a person who has experience in creating and crafting a world class document. Remember - don't try doing everything by yourself - it will never work. You may think you are the best in the world at everything. Don't be mistaken.
firstname.lastname@example.org | +66-92-541-4784
TO SUPPORT MY CHANNEL
Please send money via paypal to email@example.com
WHO AM I?
MORE ABOUT ME?
Google My Name "Loy Machedo"